Talking Turbo Trainers & Tech - Live from the Lama Lab with Shane Miller
Welcome to our (slightly delayed) latest episode, a cross-continental Anglo-Australian mashup. Within today’s episode with Shane Miller we cover:
- How Shane came into the world of cycling tech, fusing his work in IT with his passion for riding and time-trialing.
- We go deep on the current state of play with turbo trainers in 2019 – what makes a good one, what makes a bad one as well as a sneak peek into what this might look like in the not-too-distant future…
- An interesting insight into how Wahoo came onto the scene.
- How Lama was racing on the Zwift Beta before Zwift racing was even a thing and why Zwift racing is so uniquely different to the real world experience of racing bikes.
- We talk about Strava and where perhaps they have been missing a trick in the past couple of years.
- Shane gives his view on the new SRAM AXS and the long-awaited but now confirmed SRAM Force eTap.
- Where the GP Lama alias comes from (hint: if you don’t know it, you’ll not guess it…)
- Lastly – Shane’s reasons for why you should both like and subscribe to this very podcast!
For a thorough and entertaining look at all things bike-tech related, go check out Shane's YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbcwZ8hm18GK6on_S_CgmFA